Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Copyright Reflection

The copyright questions answered for class an be found here.

I learned a lot about copyright from reading this article.  A few of the things I learned from it were more on what a copyright exactly is, how to claim copyright, and what things can be protected just to name a few. A copyright is a form of protection for original works, this allows the owner of the copyright to do a few things, like perform their work, give copies of their work, and reproduce their work to name just a couple. You have to fill out an application, and give a copy of your work.  Then you get a certificate of registration and your copyright is either accepted or denied.  Things that can be protected include literary, musical, and dramatic works among others. Some things cannot be protected, things that weren't recorded or are everyday ideas cannot be.  I think reading about this will effect me as a student by making me more careful about what using other people material and notice when I can and cannot use things. Outside of school I will now how to get my work protected if I need to so other people cannot take it.  Overall I have gained a lot of  knowledge of copyright by reading this article

No comments:

Post a Comment